Summer can have come to an end, but a beach vacation can still help you relax and rejuvenate your spirit! The “off-season”; is a good time of year to plan a beach getaway with friends or family, particularly in North Carolina. The weather has cooled down and the crowds have died down, leaving only the peace and tranquility that an oceanfront view evokes. It’s also a good time to find vacation holidays and deals on rentals that will not break the bank.
Top 5 North Carolina beach vacation destinations:
1) Bald Head Island – This distinctive North Carolina island is a concealed treasure waiting to be found. Between the rich wildlife, quaint maritime shops, and fourteen miles of white sandy beaches, you are certain to feel miles clear of the ordinary. Rich in history, the island also boasts the state’s oldest lighthouse, Old Baldy, which provides an breathtaking view of the land to those who venture to the top. Cars are not permitted on this island, so the hustle and bustle of everyday life seems to disappear. Transportation by golf buggy is both enjoyable and stress-free. Bald Head is the ideal place to de-stress and reconnect with your roots.
2) The Outer Banks – This North Carolina beach holiday destination is both picturesque and affordable, particularly at the present of year. Famous for its history and the East Coast’s tallest sand dunes, here you can tour the area where the Wright Brothers built and flew the world’s first airplane. Unique shops and restaurants provide an escape when you’re not lounging by the ocean.
3) Wrightsville Beach – Yet another great place to enjoy all the mighty Atlantic Ocean has to offer is Wrightsville Beach, NC. This vacation spot has a relaxed island charm and attitude that appears to be contagious. Countless attractions are just minutes away in downtown Wilmington. With Interstate 40 leading directly into town, Wrightsville Beach is also the most accessible beach in North Carolina.</p>
4) Sunset Beach – This barrier island is located in the southernmost part of North Carolina. Though only 3 miles long, there is plenty to do in this quiet and serene beach town, including shopping, dining and golf. Sunset Beach is perfect for family beach vacations.
5) Carolina Beach – There is invariably plenty to do in this family-oriented beach town, including live music festivals, fireworks displays, and a seaside amusement park. Other entertainment options in Carolina Beach include a state aquarium, state park, and heaps of shops to explore!</p>
Whether you’re looking for relaxation or day-and-night entertainment and activity, these beaches are for you. Plan your fall vacation to coastal North Carolina and let the fun begin!